Visit www.mgaimmigrationlawyer.com

The Visa has a duration of 180 days, during which time you can stay in the US with peace of mind. But, what happens if you have to exceed this time? First, we advise you to avoid exceeding your visa as much as possible. Second, if for any reason you have to exceed that time or if your visa has already exceeded, seek the advice of an expert immigration lawyer. A lawyer can properly advise you on the best way to avoid expulsion from the country and other serious repercussions, such as deportation, for example. Third, if you exceed your visa by more than 180 days, you will face removal proceedings to be deported from the United States.

Additionally, if the Visa remains in excess of 180 days but less than one year, it will be inadmissible to enter the United States for 3 years after that time and if it is exceeded by one year or more, it will be inadmissible for 10 years.

According to immigration law, if you exceed your visa for no more than 180 days, you must leave the US and upon arrival in your home country apply for a visa to return immediately. There are a few exceptions, but only in a small number of extreme situations.

Recent Posts

See All